Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sacrifice


Jan thinks he knows what sacrifice is...thinks he know what loss is...Jan is a fool.
He does not know sacrifice...lying in his tent in the midst of the camp, a beautiful wife by his side...Jan does not know loss or pain.
I walked through the fire, Jan did not!
I stood in the fire and offered my body to the flame!
I know what sacrifice is, I know what loss is!
All this I did for them, that we might have the strength...the power to survive, but do they see it?
NO!
No. No...they cast me out to the edge of the camp, look upon my broken frame with their pitying glares...the eyes of the worthless judging my value. What do any of them know of sacrifice...my power has saved them.
My power will save them again, but all they can see is a broken man. A malformed thing, and they recoil in fear...in disgust...I am their savior and they loathe me.
Jan they love, Jan they follow...what has he done...what has he given?

No comments:

Post a Comment