Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Gwan Are Fools, but I Am Wise

The gwan never cease to irritate me. Fools! Idiotic, ill-favored wretches! Once again, I must resist my own desires and stay my hand. The desire to have done with it and slaughter the lot of them is so strong, but it is senseless. I must be stronger than my desire. I will be stronger. The pathetic little gwan girl and the filthy brat that she carries shall not change my perfect plans. I shall resist the urge, though it pricks upon my mind irritatingly, and I shall let her and them live. For now.

I do not know why the girl has survived. I do not know why she is of such interest to so many. Esmeria, the wisest of my race besides myself, has taken great pains with the girl -- why? What is so special about her? Why has Haden's son, Eric or whatever the boy's name is, married her? They never figured into my plans before, Haden's son or that girl, but they concern me now. Only a fool thinks their plan is infallible. The wise must be prudent, ever watching for potential risks.

I shall keep my eyes upon this fleeing pair. And I shall restrain my annoyance and my anger, until the proper time arises. I shall ignore the frailities of the gwan, in particular the weaknesses of their idiot king, and I shall bide my time.

My will shall not be circumvented.

No comments:

Post a Comment