Sunday, October 17, 2010

Uaithne Speaks Up


In an attempt to clear some things up, I've decided to answer a few questions.


What is your name?
Uaithne. In English, it's pronounced "Whawn Yay" with emphasis on the first syllable. If you still can't pronounce it, you're an idiot.


Appearance:
In terms you can understand...
I'm a little over six feet tall. Hazel-green eyes. Grey beard. Scruffy, black and greying hair with a bit of a receeding hair line.
On me, it looks distinguished.
I usually wear a non-descript greyish-tan robe, a faded black cloak, and carry a staff.

Family:
I was a bastard. My mother was stoned as soon as I was born, and I was left on a mound of rocks to die or be taken by whatever animals chanced upon me. A young hermit (no, not all hermits are old) who was passing by on a journey took me back with him and raised me (with the help of a woman from a nearby village).


Favorite Possession? Why?
My staff. It's made of four trees (oak, poplar, yew, ash) that were braided together when they were very young. When they had grown completely together, it was cut and given to me. Through it can be wielded great magics, and through those magics, my will.


Occupation?
Kingmaker. No, I am not a puppeteer. I decide which person would make the best king, and put him in that position. I leave the King alone to do what he needs to do. Later on, if I find someone I think would do a better job, I replace the previous king. Yes...The previous king dies. So what? The main thing is, what I think is best is done. I'm the only one truly capable enough to make these big decisions, because I know things others don't. I can travel across the edge of the circle to other circles, and across them to others. From a shadow's shadow to the thing making the shadow.


So, why aren't you king?
I do not make myself king because I have more important things to do. Oh...You think I only make kings for one country? Ha! I make rulers for many worlds, and many countries in each world. You small minded beings make me ill.


Hobbies?
Potions and other magical, though dryer, mixtures come in handy. I also find myself more and more fascinated by your world's game of "chess." It seems a good, though not very strenuous, mental exercise. ...Perhaps I'll introduce the newest king to our world's game of pwnitt.


Are you evil?
No. I want what truly is the best for everyone. I always know what should be done, and I always get what I want, though not always easily. I am willing to do what needs to be done to attain what needs to be attained.


Who is/are your closest friend/s?
I cannot afford friends. Friendship is costly, and it could enable someone to get the better of me if I truly loved anyone. That is why I made the great personal sacrifice of killing Cwryc (the hermit who raised me). It was in my best interest, and therefore in the best interest of all.


What is your deepest wish?
I wish you people would learn to pronounce my name correctly (even though it seems a bit petty, it's important to know the name of the man who will one day place rulers over you).


World View?
Uaithne knows best. Deal with it.


What is your favorite food?
Roast beef and "funnel cakes."


What do you dislike most of all?
Whiny people who don't have enough gumption to go after what they want.


What types of books do you like to read?
I only read signs, labels, instructional books and such. I don't feel a compulsion to live vicariously through anyone else. So why waste the time and energy on fiction?


Ideal place to live?
Large castle in an easily defensible position. Lots of tapestries and carpets...and fireplaces.


Four completely random facts:

1.) I have an amazing talent with fire (among other things).
2.) I was once in love with a woman...so I had to kill her.
3.) I intend to live for at least two hundred more of your world's years.
4.) I hate teenagers from your world...even though I chose one to be a king. The lad's a lack-wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment