Monday, October 11, 2010

The Selling of Souls

It always cracks me up when I see someone's soul for sale on ebay, or an amazon (I saw one the other day). Really, people have no idea what they're giving up, I always buy them whenever I can. A real human soul for five dollars, who can pass up that deal.
I remember the first soul I bought offline, not the first soul I've ever gotten my hands on by far, but it's so much easier now. It belonged to some guy in Detroit, I think his name was Michael, or Mickey, something with an M anyway. I bought his soul off of ebay for five dollars and twenty cents and he sent me this 'slip of ownership' with his name and everything on it. Anyway, I was in the process of making a golem out of the bones of a dragon I killed and I needed something to hold it all together. Now I'm pretty good at making magical contrivances to hold things together, ghosts, golems, vampires, etc, but I figured if I was going to make a decent golem out of a dragon I should have the real thing to model after.
So, as soon as I got his soul I started tearing it apart (taking copious notes on the way it worked of course, not that you can really figure out how souls work or copy the process, but I think I came pretty close with this one). Pretty sure poor old Mikey...or Mickey, died soon after I started ripping into his soul because I was only halfway done when the thing up and disappeared. I suppose it went wherever souls go when people die, I had to buy two more souls before I got my research done and managed to make something stable and complex enough to hold my dragon golem together.
It's a good thing so many people out there are selling the things or I might never have finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment