Friday, September 3, 2010

If I Said I Was Pleased To Meet You, I'd Be Lying

I don't think I've ever bothered to introduce myself to anyone before. I mean, introductions aren't usually necessary before sacrificing someone to a pit demon, or planting a car bomb under their vehicle. But I suppose there's a first time for everything. So.

I'm Isaac. Isaac Angel Grays. I used to hate my name, but now I find that most people are caught off guard by someone named "angel grace." This is frequently useful. I spend most of my time acting as a human representative to the Unseelie court of the faeries. They don't like the modern world much- too much iron, pollution, and stupid reality television. So I act in their stead, when I'm not doing freelance magical work of my own. I'm a sorcerer. Not the best sorcerer in the world, but I'm working on it. I even have my own familiar, a dopey and nearly useless vampire named Mort. I say "nearly" because I have on occasion used him as a door stop or a coat rack, and out of fairness I feel I should acknowledge that.

My purpose in life is simple. Other than becoming the most powerful sorcerer in the world, I am here mostly to cause chaos, panic, and random violence. I don't usually have much trouble with this, but recently I've been plagued with a powerful shapeshifter- who also happens to be the leader of a bizarre cult and wants to skin me. My normal conflict resolution methods (frag grenades and high-caliber bullets) have been ineffective, but I'm sure I'll come up with something. I enjoy a challenge every once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Heed me, child: If you wish to become powerful in your world, you must learn focus, discipline, and how to...encourage the same from others. The strong survive, and they thrive when they harness the weak.

    I have not heard of a "sorcerer" before. What technology must one harness to become one?

    ReplyDelete